2XU Seeks Partner For Global Expansion
2XU is the leading manufacturer of high performance sporting apparel across categories including Compression, Triathlon, Run, Swim, Cycle, and Fitness.
Incorporated in Australia in January 2005, 2XU is driven by a relentless company mission to advance human performance through the development of world leading athletic garment. 2XU launched a newly responsive global site in October of 2015, expanding their paid search reach to a total of 5 countries.
2XU came to Click Convert to help manage the transition of their paid search accounts for the United States and Australia. They also wanted Click Convert to setup and launch new paid search campaigns in the United Kingdom, Canada, and New Zealand.
With the help of the Click Convert Marketing Team, 2XU was able to increase the amount of clicks that turned into transactions by 58% in the United States and an incredible 101% in Australia.
2XU’s Main Goals
- Reduce high CPA costs
- Increase conversions
- Increase 2XU’s overall market share in the United States and Australia
- Prepare for a successful new site launch
Launch in 3…2…1
Preparation is the key to any new site launch. Click Convert took over the paid search accounts one month prior to launch. With little time to spare, the team went right to work on a complete overhaul of the structure and strategy for 2XU’s paid search accounts.
- Clean up all campaigns and optimize bid strategies to focus on generating more revenue at a lower cost per sale.
- Set up retargeting campaigns to increase engagement and drive more qualified clicks back to the site.
- Create gender neutral landing pages to get products in front of visitors faster and increase quality score.
- Allocate budgets to the highest converting campaigns and focus those campaigns on prime locations.
The Click Convert team knew they had to begin with creating a strong foundation. Without it, the launch had the potential to throw off the return of 2XU’s paid search campaigns. This meant focusing on optimization first, then working on a plan to ensure transition to the new site would go as smoothly as possible.
Achieving the Mission
Goal 1: Prepare for a successful new site launch
Attention to detail was essential during this time to make sure the destination links for all ads transitioned smoothly. The Click Convert Team was on call around the clock to make sure the traffic coming in from paid search was directed to the right pages and that the traffic to the new site converted at a higher rate than the old one.
Goal 2: Increase the amount of clicks that result in conversions, while lowering the average cost of each click
The Click Convert Team was able to do this by auditing the current bid strategy and keyword structure to bring in highly qualified traffic. In order to lower the cost per click, the Team worked to find landing pages that would yield a higher quality score and increase the likelihood of visitors finding right products. They also set up retargeting campaigns for seasonal promotions to help increase the conversion rate and bring in additional revenue.
Goal 3: Increase the overall impression share for the brand in the United States and Australia
While the new site launch was at the forefront of 2XU’s objectives, they also wanted to increase brand visibility and make sure they were showing up for all relevant searches. The Click Convert Team did this by focusing more of the budget to campaigns they knew would convert and adjusting the location settings to target 2XU’s core markets.
Below you can see the performance for the last 6 months compared to the same period the previous year. (Dates Compared: 11/1/2014-4/30/2015 vs. 11/1/2015-4/30/2016)
- 58% increase in converted clicks
- 20% decrease in cost per converted click
- 37% increase in search impression share
- 101% increase in converted clicks
- 25% decrease in cost per converted click
- 64% increase in search impression share
- 3233% increase in converted clicks
- 82% decrease in cost per converted click
- 830% increase in clicks